Below is a list of trials where many journalists and others will be tried by Turkish courts this week for stating their beliefs:
24 April Tuesday -- Cumhuriyet, Hayatın Sesi, Academics for Peace
- The trial which started with an investigation into the Cumhuriyet newspaper continues at a courthouse near the Silivri Prison. In the last hearing on March 9, journalist Ahmet Şık and Cumhuriyet editor-in-chief Murat Sabuncu were released. Akın Atalay, the owner of Cumhuriyet's rights, is the only person who remains in prison in this trial where the other defendants include Cumhuriyet journalists Kadri Gürsel, Aydın Engin, Hikmet Çetinkaya, Orhan Erinç, Bülent Yener, Günseli Özaltay, Turhan Günay, Güray Öz, Hakan Kara, Musa Kart, Önder Çelik, Bülent Utku, Mustafa Kemal Güngör, accountant Emre İper, Ahmet Şık ve Murat Sabuncu. Former Cumhuriyet Editor-in-Chief Can Dündar and former Cumhuriyet reporter İlhan Tanır are abroad.
- A trial regarding the handover the Hayatın Sesi television network to the Saving Deposit and Insurance Fund (TMSF) after the network's closure under a cabinet decree will be heard by the 13th High Criminal Court at the Şişli Courthouse. Journalists working for this station are accused of spreading propaganda for three unrelated organizations. FETÖ, PKK and ISIS.
- Several academics who signed a petition against security operations in Turkey's Kurdish cities (also known as academics for peace) will be on trial. Two academics will be at the Şişli 33rd High Criminal Court at 9 am and others will appear before the Istanbul 36th High Criminal Court. .
25 April Wednesday - Erdoğan Alayumat and Nuri Akman
- The Hatay 2nd High Criminal Court will continue hearing the case of Dihaber reporters ERdoğan Alayumat and Nuri Akman. The two are accused of "espionage" on the basis of their news reports. Alayumat remains imprisoned as part of the trial.
26 April Thursday - Ahmet Altan, Academics, Meşale Tolu
- Journalist and writer Ahmet Altan who was convicted on charges of "attempting to overthrow the constitutional order" and given a life sentence in February has a hearing at the Istanbul 21st Court of First Instance for "insulting the president" in an article.
- Several acadecmis from the Kemerburgaz and Arel universities will be heard by the Şişli 37th High Criminal Court. Others from the Galatsaray and Marmara Universities will be heard again at the Şişli Courthouse at 9 am by the 36th High Criminal Court.
- ETHA journalist and translator Meşale Tolu, who holds a German passport, and several others will be on trial at the Istanbul Çağlayan Courthouse in the 29th High Criminal Court on charges of "spreading terror propaganda." Tolu remained in prison between May 2017 - December 2017 , until she was released pending trial.
27 April Friday - KCK Press Trial
- The 14th hearing in the trial of 46 journalists who are accused of links to the KCK, considered a terrorist organization by Turkey, will appear at the 3rd High Criminal Court at 10 am. This will be the 14th hearing in the case. None of the accused are in detention.